Rewe has announed its new procurement organizational structure ,effective 25 August, 2014.
• Oliver Mans will be in charge of managing the overall sales procurement area while Jocheen Baab will be accountable for the ongoing development of the retailer’s discounter Penny.
• Prior to his appointment Mans has been working as Goods Director at Rewe since 2000 and Baab held the position of Dry Goods Director for Penny, after joining Rewe in 2011.
• Both managers will report to their division directors as it follows: Mans to Lionel Souque and Baab to Jan Kunath.
• Jan-peerr Brenneke will be responsible for the private label procurement managing.
• Brenneke previously was part of Penny’s management and was in charge of managing the fresh food area.
• The new procurement organizational structure through which Rewe’s divisions work separately, gives focus on each product line and improves strategic purchasing.