X5 has promoted and appointed Vladimir Sorokin as Perekrestok’s General Director and will become a member of the executive board effective 1 October 2014, following Janusz Lella decision to step down from the role.
• Sorokin was director of category management for Pyaterochka, where he oversaw the implementation of the chain’s category management function and new assortment.
• He was also responsible for the changes to X5’s new operational model and the “New Pyaterochka” rebranding concept launched in October 2013.
• Sorokin has approximately 20 years of experience in the retail, FMCG and insurance industries.
• He joined X5 in January 2013 as deputy purchasing director and prior to that he held senior management positions with Alfa Insurance, SunInterbrew and Gillette.
• Sorokin’s deputy will be promoted to the position of director of category management for Pyaterochka.